Articulate’s E-Learning Heroes Challenge #170 is to create and share your own “hand-crafted” explainer video, similar to a Common Craft style video. Select the image below to view my demo.
The idea is to draw the images on paper, cut them out with scissors, and film your hand-drawn images as you move them about by hand. Record your e-learning script and add your narration to complete the e-learning module.
Use Analog Tools?!
Pens, markers, rulers, scissors… I had a few challenges with this challenge!
- I can’t draw,
- I don’t own a tripod, and
- I don’t have the time necessary to use this approach.
So I decided to create my own version of a quick Common Craft style video, using some of my trusty computer tools:
- Common Craft cutout icons
- PowerPoint – to customize the Common Craft icons, and use the PowerPoint Pen tool to draw the Mona Lisa.
- Vyond, to animate the characters
- Storyline 360, to add the audio narration and publish the module for the web
- PowerPoint, to draw the Mona Lisa